QA / Test Analyst
Location: Altrincham plus some travel
Slicedbread is a very different type of IT consultancy, we’re proud to have turned the traditional consultancy model on its head. With a clear strategy, much fun and enthusiasm we are committed to transforming our clients businesses through the innovative use of technology.
If you’re passionate about quality assurance, product testing, test automation & ultimately product quality…. then this role could be for you
It’s a role where you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and develop and we would expect you to help shape the role as you move forwards in your career. The role is predominantly focussed on working within the development of our product sharedo.
sharedo is the best in class enterprise case and matter management solution for all legal. The platform enables legal firms to optimise their processes to maximise efficiencies, improve client service and increase profits. The solution uses artificial intelligence and complex event processing to create case and matter workflows and disaggregation strategies that are aligned specifically to a legal firms’ business processes. Featuring powerful business intelligence, document management and cost & time recording; sharedo replaces a myriad of solutions to give legal firms a single platform for all of their business processes
For us, a positive attitude to deliver and advance personally, tied with the flexibility to take on numerous responsibilities and challenges is massively important. We applaud opinions but ask that egos be left at the door and can assure you that you will be supported by a team who are passionate about technology and what it can deliver for business.
If you’ve gotten this far and are still thinking “this is me!” or maybe with a bit more experience “this can be me!”, then please drop us a line – slicedbread is the kind of place the awesome people like you deserve to work!
We’re looking for someone who is a pragmatic perfectionist, some who is driven by quality and technical innovation. Someone who accepts nothing less than the best. Someone who relishes a challenge, driven by the satisfaction of creating something unique and of value. Who doesn’t want to be constrained by role or title but the desire to take on a multitude of diverse responsibilities and improve. If you want to work alongside smart people who can both challenge but ultimately, are highly supportive and share the same passion, along with a sense of fun, then that’s exactly what Slicedbread is looking for!
Suitable candidates may just have a year’s experience, or maybe more, but for us, a key attraction is passion, drive and versatility. You will have worked across the software development lifecycle; refining requirements, working with scrum teams and business stakeholders.
You are comfortable in working with agile methodologies, applying pragmatism without compromising quality, you will be key in taking vision through to quality product delivery.
- Is naturally curious about the world and likes to ask why?
- Is passionate about quality
- Is process driven, methodical and organised
- Enjoys wearing many hats – Tester / BA / Project Management / Support
- Wants to keep learning
- Working collaboratively with Product Owners, Managers, Development and Client project team.
- Handling technical queries from the wider business team.
- Creating & Maintaining all the Testing Related Artefacts for All Phases of Testing (Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases & End User Acceptance Completion Reports)
- Communication of state/quality of the delivered software to multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to hit the ground running
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level.
- Experience with all aspects of the SDLC and SDLT.
- Experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) methodology.
- Hand on experience in testing Web Based Applications.
- Experience in various types of Testing as: Functional and Non-Functional Testing, Black Box testing, System, Usability, Smoke, UI, Compatibility, Responsive, UAT, Regression Testing.
- Experience in Developing, Executing & Maintaining Test Cases in the Cloud based Test Management Tools like TFS/VSTS, JIRA or similar.
- Experience in Creating and Maintaining both Automated and Manual Test scripts of Web Based Applications.
- Review and Analyse the Business Spec for UX/UI with Scrum Master, Product Manager and Involved teams (Internal and External)
- Define, and report against quality and coverage criteria, ensuring the use of appropriate measurement, analysis and reporting.
- Experience in Creating & Maintaining all the Testing Related Artefacts for All Phases of Testing (Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases & End User Acceptance Completion Reports)
- Investigate failures and failure analysis, determining root cause and driving corrective action through the engineering and design teams.
- Organised and capable of working on multiple tasks efficiently.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and within teams.
Desirable Skills/Tools such as
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS/VSTS
- Use of innovative technology solutions to improve efficiencies in testing and defect prevention.
- Experience with test tools; UFT/Selenium WebDriver, LoadRunner/JMeter or similar.
- Experience in API (REST and SOAP) Testing using tools like SOAPUI , Fiddler and Postman or similar
- Knowledge of automated frameworks: TestNG, Junit, POM-Maven, BDD, TDD,
- Knowledge of IDE: Visual Studio/Eclipse or similar.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Octopus, Jenkins or similar.
- knowledge of MS SQL and Windows technical environments.
Demonstrable experience in the whole testing life cycle including knowledge of various test methodologies, definition of test plans and test scripts, test execution and raising defects.